Friday, October 12, 2012

When Howrse was 'born'

Howrse - April 2007
For those of you that don't know, Howrse first appeared in April 2007.

The game was really quite different then to how it is today.

Amongst the many things that didn't exist then are: Divine horses, the Pegasus account, Western Competitions, the Grand Prix, 25 breeds of horse, Unicorns, the Item Exchange, diamonds and so much more.

There were also things which existed then but have since disappeared, such as foal games (to earn GP),  comments on horse sales, salt stones, abortions (yes, really - pretty controversial) and an icon-only navigation menu.

Well, we've uncovered some screen shots from the early days of Howrse and thought we'd share them with you. Just click on them to view in full size.

Enjoy your nostalgic trip!

Patsy






11 comments:

  1. O.M.G. I remember my first Howrse game back in 2008! Haha, wow, the salt stone and comments on the sales page definitely bring back memories! I remember people typing "Please buy!" complete with rows of crying faces beside the horse they're selling >_< Even though I still enjoy Howrse just as much, I feel that it wasn't as money oriented as it definitely is now...

    Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are salt stones?

    p.s. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...the good old days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I mean I like the new game it's just I miss the sale comments,cause I liked being able to explain why I was selling

    ReplyDelete
  5. In one Objective I have on Howrse, it says go to page http://us.howrse.com/ow/XXX and replace XXX with the year the game began. Well, I replaced it with 2007, and it says page not found. I don't know what to do! I really want to get this Objective completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only international howrse started in 2007 the other servers all started in 2011

      Delete
  6. it seems howrse was better then than it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember those days, howrse was fantastic then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the old howrse!! especially the classified ads on the saes page and the objectives!! I must admit I do miss the old version..deffo not as money orientated as it is now!! However I guess got to role with the times "/ I also do miss babydow!!

    ReplyDelete