Thursday, September 30, 2010

1000 Dressage competitions

Good news. It can be done! I'm sure many of you are working hard towards completing the dressage objectives. The first level is pretty easy. The second is a bit trickier but the third set of objectives are a bit daunting to say the least - get 150 dressage competition wins and enter 1000 dressage comps! Click on the picture above to see the validation of objective 3 'Frequent Competitor'.

Now to get 150 wins you're going to need a really good horse. I entered my dressage comps with my fabulous Fresian 'Dress for Success' and my top Irish Hunter 'Natural Disasters'. Now because of the way dressage comps work, currently top Fresians have the best skills for this discipline: dressage, trot and gallop. Many of the dressage comps at the moment are for higher-skilled horses, but even if you don't have a very highly skilled horse, you can still get wins and most definitely, you can enter plenty of races.

A few days ago, these comps were really rare. A few would appear every 5 to 20 minutes. But you had to be quick as they would all go within about 60 seconds. It was pretty stressful! Happily now though, more and more people are setting up dressage events for us all to enter so you should find enough races to keep you busy.

And of course, as you complete the objectives, your win some nice prizes including Made-to-Measure saddles, Boreas's Lunges and for entering 1000 comps (as well as three 'lunges') you win a Nyx pack. Lovely stuff. And don't forget that you earn money when you enter races. My Irish Hunter earned me 46,000 equus and my Freisian bought in 55,000 equus!

So get competing and good luck. You only have until October 13th 2010 remember.

Patsy

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done. Would you be able to give me some help? I've done 1 comp for Dressage and I want to do more, but every time I click on dressage, it just says " There are no compeitions avaible at this time "


    If you can help me, please PM me back on howrse, my username is chloe7897

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you even get onto it? my username is Jumper20 please help!

    ReplyDelete